vrijdag 4 oktober 2013

Vehitle

There is an online contest over at gundamUK, named Level Up, and I thought I'd join in to clear some platsic from the stash and build something fun.  
The goal of the contest is to try and do something you aren't that good at, or haven't tried yet, to expand your skills. I figured it would be a good idea to enter something as finishing and painting something is already a bit beyond me :P
Also, I would like to try and make something with as little pieces of actual models as possible.
I have three small crates full of plastic stuff, eggs, mouses, asthma inhalers, spoons, balls etc.
But I hardly ever use them, because it's so much easier to just start from a kit and then add putty.
And my wife doesn't really appreciate me hoarding plastic I'm not using.

Anyway, I figured I'd try and make something like a vehitle, similar to these.


They are beetle-like, trackball tank with legs  (generally at least), one of the ideas of Kow Yokoyama if I'm not mistaking.

So I selected some stuff from my collection of stuff.



And then I started from the Mr. Potato Head and just added shapes that fitted well (had to cut the spoon handle) and looked right.
I used three computer mice (parts at least), Mr Potato Head, on large plastic spoon and some weird piece of which I have no idea what it was.






Now I just need to find a decent ball to use as trackball, find things for the six legs, and add plenty of putty and detail.

I can still switch it to a hover tank or spaceship, there's a hole in one end that would perfectly fit a thruster...
but I'll try and fit some legs first.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten