dinsdag 27 augustus 2013

Weltenraum Nahkampf Gefechtseinheit Ausf. B 'Ollie'

Started years ago, this was shelved because I wasn't happy with it.
It's loosely based on this drawing from Der Zweite Plan (can't find the site anymore :S )



I recently rediscovered it and I am going to finish it as quickly as possible, to have something else done and to try some painting.

I decided to call it  " Weltenraum Nahkampf Gefechtseinheit Ausf. B 'Ollie' "
Which is German for " close-range space fighter version B 'Ollie' "
I like the sound of German for these things, though my German is pretty bad.
Big thanks to Struschie for helping me with the name.

This is how I found it:




It also has a gun, that mates with the big round lump on the right side of the craft



Panel lines are not prefect, but I'm not going to take the effort to change that.
I'm going to quickly add and engine and some thrusters, an antenna array and finish the gun.
Just something quick in the midst of all these long, long projects.

Some WIP photos of the build

It's essentially made from an egg, a table tennis ball and a Me 109.

It was supposed to get an open cockpit with the pilot standing in front of it, but I made a couple of mistakes and it was too much work to get it too work after that.





















And some of the gun:


















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten