dinsdag 20 augustus 2013

1/20 Nixe!

Ever since seeing Chris Turners excellent Glockner, I wanted to make a Nixe variant with the PKA1 claws instead of the hand and gun it normally has (Example).

To build a Nixe, one needs a melusine and a fliege. Having neither and not wanting to combine two quite expensive kits, I opted to make one from leftover gustav parts I got in a trade and a fliege I bought to nixe-fy.



The engine compartment and the hip pieces came from the gustav parts, the lower arms and claws from PKA H leftovers.

Because the legs seemed too thin, I bulked them with 1mm plastic sheet.
This was also done for the lower arms because it was the easy solution to make them round instead of eliptical.

To further bulk out the lower legs, 0.75mm plastic sheet was atached to the front. I didn't have spares for the cable holders, so I made some from 1/72 bombs and plastic rod.

I used 2mm aluminium rod to attach and pose the arms and legs, I will be sculpting joint covers myself I guess.

To do:
- joint covers
- weapons/equipment
- cables/tubes
- radar bulb
- antenna bulb
- engine cover
- exhaust thingy
- claws
- optical sensor thingies

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten