vrijdag 14 november 2014

Robot Battle V MK44 in progress - Battlesquids, Assemble!

Had some time to start the kit. I'm going to try to document the progress, but no promises if I'll be able to remember making photos.

Feet first into the build:







The feet can be detached from the hoverpads because of multiple polycaps in the feet, really cool and could lead to some interesting dioramas or different versions.




Legs, just two parts pressed togheter with a single polycap, forgot the photo, sorry :(



Pelvis, same story as the legs, simply two parts and some polycaps, also no pictures



Lower lower legs (the model has an extra joint compared to humans, they apparently step into a sorta boot which contains thrusters and other stuff.


Added some filler as the seams were pretty large in some areas.



'helmet' plate, added the ears and some filler to blend them in completely.
You can see that the further I go, the more I forget to take pictures. It stops the flow of building to take pictures and I just can't seem to remember it until after I finished a part...
Maybe with the next model it'll be better documented ^_^



 Arms, there will be subassemblies for the wrist ball, upper arm and lower arm.


To ensure they close properly I clamped the parts, I noticed in gundam models that polycaps sometimes don't fit too well and cause seamlines or push the model apart over time. These had similar issues so I trimmed the polycap edges a little and applied plenty glue and force to glue them.



That's for now, more to come (assuming I don't forget the in progress pictures ^_^

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten